Pastor Carol Omokoya (MFM Edmonton)
“Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life”. Psalm 4:23
Reading is to the Mind what exercise is to the Body. Extensive reading enhances one’s ability to write and communicate effectively. When you read Christian books extensively it helps you to discern the workings of the Holy Spirit faster….Remember the Christians of Berea in the book of Acts.
- Mental stimulation….keeping your brain engage stops it from losing power. Hence the phrase “use it or lose it”. Reading thus reducing the risks of mental retardation sicknesses like Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Reading the Bible and Christian books can lower blood pressure and bring about an immense sense of calm; which brings healing to the body.
- As you know “knowledge is power”. You need to read to discover the secrets of divine elevation. It is usually not possible for a minister to say it all in a sermon. You need to read; gain knowledge and use the knowledge to set yourself on a higher ground. Read and be a blessing.
- Remember that no matter what; the knowledge you have acquired cannot be taken away from you. Reading anointed books in-depth takes you to a different realm. Do not rush it but read whole heartedly to get this confidence building and stress relieving benefit of reading.
- Reading improves your Modern Vocabulary awareness and strengthens your memory; thereby making you more socially efficient and pleasant.
- It helps to make one a better person by learning from others’ experience.
Note that Paul the well-read Apostle was able to transfer more knowledge to us than all the other Apostles as he documented/wrote over 70% of the New Testament.
Just as God speaks to us through The Bible one learn from the experience of other ministers by reading their books. Adding anointing to anointing.
So be a reader and become the blessed and Healthy Woman.